Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Beachy Time!

We went to the beach today with 4 people and 6 dogs and 1 Canon Rebel. That's right, I got a camera. I managed to conquer my guilt with a multitude of excuses and reasons and I got a good deal on the camera off CL. I still have a lot to learn! Things that I learned in my couple of years of photo class are coming back to me slowly. Action shots are definitely going to take a lot of practice and possibly a new lens sometime in the future. Right now I'm playing around with my kit lens and learning about shooting in RAW and post processing. It's fun playing with 'digital negatives'! Definitely a lot easier than making prints in the dark room.


Xylo spent most of his time playing his odd ball game. He drops the ball and then digs or rips up grass frantically all around the ball. After a few minutes of this he takes a rest and chews on the ball for awhile, then he moves to a new location and starts all over again.
He did take a few forced breaks to go retrieve Wimpy (aka Ryan)'s ball. Ryan isn't a fan of cold water. It hurts his princess feet. Maybe I should make the pink collars for Ryan instead of Abby.
She wasn't having any trouble with the cold water. She has a swim style all of her own though...I heard some people say she was really "powering through". I'd be more inclined to call it..."panicking".
Here's Ryan looking all keen and eager to have his ball throw in the water.


This is how he looks after his ball has been thrown in the water and Xylo has been sent out to retrieve it.

Seriously, Ryan, the arthritic Addison's dog has to retrieve your ball!?!?

I sucked at taking pictures of Beezer. Puppies move too fast for my newly developing photography skills. He walked with us the whole time though and only had to be carried a little bit on the way back.
Every time I looked over at Amigo she was in the exact.same.spot. asking for someone to please throw her ball. Amigo sometimes demand barks like Abby but Abby's bark is at that eardrum-piercing stab-your-eyes-out range. Amigo's is much easier to ignore.


The further Abby has to swim for her ball, the more quiet time I get between ball throws. 7 is so handsome! He got his exercise from running big loops around Ryan while Ryan played ball. 7 thinks Ryan is pretty cool. Ryan doesn't give 7 the time of day. Occasionally when Ryan is less busy he will act all big and tough around 7 and will alternately growl over 7's head and then fall over on his back...then leap up and growl again. Ryan is just generally confused. 7 also thought Xylo's weird ball game was fascinating.
Other than the hail at the end, it was a nice trip to the beach. I love my new camera!

No comments: