Some more tricks

Before I forget about them and we stop practicing them (I swear I forget them before Abby does!):

Abby's new tricks (from a few weeks ago) are rolling over (without luring, finally! I'd forgotten to teach it!) and sitting up to 'beg', only Abby hasn't caught on to the part where her paws are supposed to kinda stay at chest level to help with balance. She sticks them straight up in the air instead, and tries to balance on her bony little butt. So anyway, the trick is called "have you washed your hands?". Horribly cutesy, I know, but Abby is awfully cute while doing the trick so it works. I can't remember if I wrote that I taught her "launch" (jump into my arms).

It turns out my new foster will be a tricolour smooth coat male. It's a long story involving 3 possible fosters before him, all of which couldn't make the transport here for various reasons. I know I say this about all of the possible fosters, but this guy is cute! He's got really neat markings - almost a split face, but the eye on the white side of his face has a black circle around it. He was apparently surrendered by a family with kids, and is a nice dog, but is overwhelmed by the shelter noises and activity. As always, I'm excited and can't wait for him to arrive this weekend!