Monday, November 27, 2006

Freak Snowstorm!

We got lots and lots of snow, and it isn't even December yet! Apparently there hasn't been weather this extreme here in a couple of decades. This weekend I had a love/hate relationship with the snow. We went to an agility trial on Sunday and Abby and I were both freezing cold the entire time. We did advanced snooker, masters jumpers, advanced team and two steeplechase runs. I messed up jumpers by forgetting the course, and Abby missed her targets in one of the steeplechase runs. The snooker went well though, and Abby got a first place with a Q! By the afternoon, there was an advisory not to drive on the highway unless it was a life or death situation - there were cars in the ditches everywhere, tons of wind and white out conditions. But...we drove home anyway. It was probably a dumb idea, but we made it safely. Took us three hours to do an hour long drive. When I woke up this morning, I couldn't hate the snow anymore because Abby just loves it so much! I let her out in the yard and she was racing around in circles and pouncing. We even managed to play ball without losing it.


Abby likes to bury her head in the snow for no apparent
reason.

Pleeeease throw the ball!
Peppy came outside to scare Abby.

Darla stayed in this spot the whole day.

Oh....and I was stranded at my parents' house during the snow....and while I could have walked to the store, I really didn't feel like it. They had no meat - so Abby is now back on kibble. I know it's bad to go kibble with/right to raw because apparently the kibble slows down the raw in the system. As far as I know it's ok to go the other way around. I think I'll leave Abby on kibble at least until January, when I really have the time to make the switch.
I also got scared because my friend told me she spends 400/month to feed her 2 medium sized dogs raw...even though I've been doing my research and I still think I'd be spending less than a an 8th of that.

No comments: