Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Abby's Words

Here's a list of the commands and words that Abby knows (95 right now!):

The Basics (21):
  • Focus (look at me)
  • Sit
  • Off (the person, chair, couch, table..etc.)
  • Down (lie down)
  • Stay
  • Come
  • Stand
  • Up (jump up on something, front legs only in lap)
  • All the way up (jump all the way onto lap)
  • Alright (release word)
  • Gentle (take treat gently)
  • That’s enough (to stop begging, etc.)
  • Drop (emergency down)
  • Go pee
  • Walk
  • Cookie
  • Oops (didn't do right command)
  • That's enough (stop what you're doing)
  • No
  • Yes (marker like the clicker)
  • Ready (something's about to happen like ball being thrown)
  • By me (walk away - added Jan 07)

Walking commands/commands to move her (28):

  • Let's go (walk on loose leash)
  • Heel (walk by left side)
  • Place (left side of me)
  • Switch (right side of me)
  • Front (sit facing me and look at me)
  • Around me (all the way around me)
  • Swing (around me and into left heel position)
  • Back (walk backwards)
  • Slow (walk slow)
  • Fast (walk fast)
  • Stop (don’t move)
  • Go in your house (crate)
  • Go to your bed
  • Find [insert me, my parents, roommates or other pets by name], 7 total
  • Where's ________? (same as find)
  • Wait (pause)
  • Get in the car
  • Get in the back (of the car)
  • Go inside (the house)
  • Go outside (the house)
  • Here (come to where I'm pointing)
  • Through (go between my legs)

Using her feet (6):

  • Shake (right foot)
  • Paw (left foot)
  • Lift (leg, for drying or if leash is caught)
  • Wave
  • High Five
  • Hit (the ground when lying down or anything I point to)

Using her mouth (16):

  • Leave it (the garbage, dropped piece of food, etc.)
  • Take it
  • Speak
  • Quiet
  • Give a kiss
  • Get 'it' (what I'm pointing to)
  • Get the ball
  • Get the toy (a fleecy toy, working on learning specific ones)
  • Get the frisbee
  • Bring it to me
  • Out (spit something out)
  • Tug
  • Catch
  • Get your collar (and bring it to me)
  • Get your leash (and bring it to me)
  • Go get a drink

Other tricks (13):

  • Right (spin right)
  • Left (spin left)
  • Touch (her nose to my open hand)
  • Take a Bow (added Jan 07)
  • Get me a drink (open mini fridge and bring me the water bottle inside)
  • Close the door (fridge or back door)
  • Get the door (open the back door by pulling the rope on the handle)
  • Sleep (lay head on floor)
  • Go around (a post, etc.)
  • Roll (onto side)
  • Bounce (straight up in the air)
  • Check for squirrels (put front legs up on a tree)
  • Crawl (working on it)

Agility words (11):

  • Go…. (for out-work)
  • Tunnel
  • A-frame
  • Walk-it
  • Table
  • Weave
  • Chute
  • Over
  • Hoop
  • Teeter
  • Target (2 on 2 off)

No comments: