Sunday, February 03, 2013

And I'm Back


I'm back home to the dogs and to 'real' life again. My parents and Emma took great care of them while I was away for the last two months. Ryan was as excited to see me as he is when I'm away for 10 seconds (as in, crying, wiggling, mind blown, needs to find a toy to put in his mouth, excited) but Abby was just....weird. My mom brought her to the airport to meet me and she stood on the sidewalk staring at me, then walked over to pee in the dirt and jumped back in the car. She sat on my lap facing me and sniffing my face for about 5 minutes in the front seat then jumped in the back and curled up in a tiny little ball. When we got home she put herself to bed. It seemed like her brain just short circuited and she didn't know what to do with the situation. She is slowly getting back to normal - maybe she just thought I would turn around and leave again. My poor little girl :)

No comments: