Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Brain exercise

Tonight I was too tired after my tutorial to take Abby out. I was spoiled by late classes last term, and now 7:30am now seems reaallly early to be standing on the field throwing the frisbee. I did manage to drag myself out of bed this morning though, so I didn't feel too bad about not taking her out this afternoon.

Instead we spend a some time learning a new trick - "stick -em up" (this one was an especially fast one - I used the clicker and she got it after the first try),
practicing yesterday's trick - "take a bow",
and polishing up on targets in preparation for Sunday's trial.
I think Abby's weight is better these days. She was at 29 lbs the last time I checked. I still get comments on how thin she is from people, but she doesn't look emaciated anymore - no ribs sticking out. She definitely hasn't filled out quite as much as people last year were telling me she would by age two. How could she with the amount that she runs around?
She's on raw now, for at least a month. I'm going to calculate the cost this month and see how it compares to kibble. She is SO happy after every meal that I don't think I'd be able to go back, even if I wanted to. She comes over to me and rolls around on her back when she's done eating, falls into my lap..the works. Last week she had chicken quarters , and this week I've introduced pork. So far, no problems. I also gave her some chicken feet as a snack, which she loved.

No comments: