Friday, December 15, 2006

Darla demonstrates her impressive IQ

My parents are always trying to convince me that our newest cat, Darla, is smarter than she looks. They say that just because her eyes are slightly crossed and she falls off the bookshelf sometimes doesn't mean she has any less brain power than Abby.

Darla: Oh my gosh! The bag is moving! What's going on?
Peppy: Ha! Pesky creature. She'll never find me out.

Tonight I was talking with my mom, and apparently they have no electricity because of the windstorm last night. All of a sudden my mom yells to my dad:

"Quick! Get Darla! She's waving her tail back and forth over the candle! Hurry!!"

My dad rushed over and grabbed Darla, and then I heard him say,

"I think it's too late, her fur is all singed off in one spot"

Ha! Would my dog ever wave a body part over a candle? I don't think so.
The only thing Abby does to make me wonder about her smarts is pulling the door closed really hard when she wants to go out. Oh, and tonight she kicked a bucket (that was on the lawn) accidentally after she pooped, and scared herself so much that she came racing inside. Other than that, she's brilliant. Mostly.

No comments: