Saturday, December 23, 2006

Brat

My dog is such a brat! We've been back at my parents' house since Tuesday, which is the official residence of "The Fuzz" (aka Peppy and Darla). A couple of minutes ago Darla was sharpening her claws on her scratching post, and Abby started to lunge at her. I told her "no", which stopped her and also stopped Darla. Then a few minutes later Peppy came along to scratch the post and Abby looked at him, looked at me, thought about it for a second, then slapped me in the face! It was like she was thinking, "if you won't let me go after him, you're gonna get it!". To further demonstrate her rudeness, Abby is tossing her gross slimy ball onto my keyboard this very moment. And, when I ignore her, she backs up and lies down forcefully with a loud grunt, then stares at me like I'm stupid.
I think Abby has been only dog for far too long now. She's getting spoiled by the one-on-one attention! That will be solved in the next two weeks though. I'm leaving the day after tomorrow for a two week vacation. Abby is going to stay with her boyfriend Tycho for the first week (and his big brother Zeus, who Abby respects due to fear for her life), and with my roommate for the second week. During the second week my roommate might also acquire another foster dog. So all together, Abby should get over her only-dog syndrome in the next few weeks! This will be the longest I've ever left her, but I'm so glad that I have friends who are willing (erm...can be coerced) into taking Crazy off my hands.

No comments: