Friday, December 15, 2006

"Dig your claws into my back!" "Click!"


I just taught Abby the most useless (and painful, for me) trick: She now knows how to jump up on my back when I bend over, and lie down with her head next to my head, over my shoulder. I definitely didn't think it through, because I now have scratches all over my back - oww! I'd like to teach her to sit on my feet when I'm on my back with my legs up in the air (I've been watching too many disc dog videos). I think I need some stronger leg muscles first for that one.

We had a funny moment with the "jump on my back" trick when she turned around to jump off, and started to slide accidentally...and took my pants down with her. I'm glad we were practicing alone in my room.

I'm also teaching her to put her toys in a box. That one still needs some work (I started teaching it with a really tiny box, and I should start with a big box instead).

Also on the list to teach is "where's your nose?". I'm having a lot of trouble with that one, since she doesn't care when I put a little piece of tape on her nose. "Let me sleep in past 8:00" would be another good trick, but that one doesn't seem to be going too well either ;)

No comments: