Tuesday, March 15, 2011

If you're happy and you know it

and you really want to show it...

bark and bark and bark and bark some more!

Abby video

Ryan video


I've been working a lot on Abby's start line stay but it's still pretty bad at a trial. In class I've been consistent with getting a quiet sit or else I send her away from the start line (simply going back and rewarding her didn't work nearly as well as taking away her access to the equipment all together). I'm glad I only released her at the trial when she was sitting quietly but it still took what seemed like forever to get that! Ohhh crazy little Abby.

That was Ryan running FEO in Masters Standard because we'd just finished his Advanced Standard run in which he blew past 2/3 contacts. Well...I guess he didn't really blow his contacts. He didn't realize it was the teeter and then pushed the end down after he flew off it to get back into 2o2o position. Then he cleared the entire peak and downside of the Aframe and landed, confused, just past it..so he backed up into 2o2o. I couldn't do anything but laugh - he tries *so* hard! I didn't want those to be our only contacts for the weekend though (since he only had jumpers afterwards) so I ran him in the Masters ring where he proved that he does, in fact, understand the contact criteria.

I have to say that I love running my crazy dogs. They are so much fun!

Oh and a short video in which precious wittle princess Abby (ha!) appears to hurt her paw while telling Kepler the teenager off. She was completely fine a few minutes later...(ignore my baby talk to her at the end)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Awww I love Abby! Such a good puppy trainer.