Friday, January 08, 2010

Raisins are BAD


I am so antsy to get home from work to the dogs...I accidentally (stupidly, without thinking) gave them each a crust of my raisin english muffin this morning. It was a tiny little crust each but as Ryan gulped his down I suddenly realized, in my half asleep mind, "no, raisins bad, VERY BAD!!".

I ran to get Abby's little crust from her (she had taken it to chew slowly on the carpet, strange little dog that she is) and counted 4 raisins just in that small piece. From what I've read, one source said that it would take over 100g to be toxic for a dog Abby or Ryan's size (way more than a few raisins). Another source said as few as 7 raisins can be toxic...causing renal failure very quickly.

I don't know if I should have done something other than leave for work and panic quietly all day, but I thought that since they had so few raisins (Abby may not have even had any yet and I'm not sure how many were in Ryan's piece) they should be fine. Logically, they should be fine. Right??

Agh, I just need to get home and make sure there is no vomit or anything and that all is well. I feel so dumb for giving them raisins in my early morning brain haze!

And...random fur seal!

After work update: The dogs are fine! They are wrestling as I write this. No more panicking!

No comments: