Saturday, June 26, 2010

Little Bits and Pieces

The trial photographer at regionals (http://wildhare.ca) took some great photos of Abby and Ryan. These were my favourites of each of them...I might have to buy prints!I decided to make the trip to Nationals. I think it will be a fun little vacation and even though Abby and Ryan didn't get anywhere near the podium, it would still be cool to compete and watch all the other dogs. I booked a motel..now just have to figure out all the driving logistics.

In other news, I've had a pretty little foster dog for the past week. She came with the name Bailey but has since been renamed Sprite.



She is in love with Abby which is pretty cute to see. She follows her around and flea bites her and asks her to play constantly. They both move so *fast* when they play - spinning and leaping over each other and racing around the yard barely touching each other. Poor Ryan has been left out of this new love affair. He grabs the most exciting toys and prances around throwing them around in his mouth...he runs through the trees in the yard and comes out with mouthfuls of branches and dirt..and still, they don't notice him. He eventually ends up lying and watching them mournfully. He and Sprite barely acknowledge each other - Sprite is definitely all about the Abby. I hope there is an agility home out there that wants to adopt her. She's one of those lightning fast dogs that can stop and turn so easily.

The final piece of news is that today I'm driving down to Washington with a group of friends to pick this up:
That is Kepler, Jess's new puppy. Yup, that's right, puppy envy can start right now. And if that adorable face wasn't bad enough?

This is his mom:
Um, hello girl version of Ryan?

SO.JEALOUS.

Kepler's litter is in rescue - they are supposed to be Border Collie x Aussie x Cattle dog. Mystery herding mutts - the best kind!
I can't wait to help Jess socialize the new little guy. I feel like I will get to live vicariously through Ryan's puppyhood part II. Let's hope he's more cuddly as a baby than Ryan was since that was just frustrating (can't cuddle the super cute fluff ball because he just starts screaming? not fun! good thing Ryan grew up to be so cuddly...maybe because I kept forcing it on him). I get to meet the puppy tonight...yay!!!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Kepler is SO CUTE!
Erika